Using MS Excel, create a customer database with at least 10 entries, with screenshots

 What exactly is a customer database?

This is a database with valuable information on your customers and this is used by businesses to better target customers.







 I created 4 columns that state the necessary information about the customer.

1. Customer ID

2. First Name 

3. Last Name 

4. Phone Number 

5. Address



I also created a product database where I can store the data of each product created within the business






9 columns were created to store the relevant data of the product such as

1. Product ID

2. Product Name

3. Unit Price

4. Stock Quantity

5. Stock Sold 

6. Sale Price

7.  Total Cost

8. Total Sale 

9. Profit 


Then I formatted the cells containing the information into a table so the information within the table is treated as a table.


To calculate the Total Cost, Total Sale and Profit I had to use formulas within Excel 

Total Cost = =SUM([@[Unit Price]]*[@[Stock Quantity]])

Total Sale = =[@[Unit Price]]*[@[Sale Price]]

Profit = =[@[Total Sale ]]-[@[Total Cost ]]



I selected all the data excluding the header within the Total Sale column I created a pie chart using the insert chart function in the insert tab of excel.  

I also created a bar graph to show the total profit differences between all the products selecting all the data within the column and inserting the graph in a similar manner.









Comments